Our broad knowledge of the property investment in this area enables us to offer an extensive range of services to landlords.
We will collect keys and inspect the property, advising you of any repairs or remedial works needed, furnishing with this a priced schedule of works.
We have a duty of care to both landlords and tenants and therefore insist on the following:
- Testing of gas installation and issue of Landlords CP12 Certificate. This is mandatory, breach of this law can result in a custodial sentence for landlord (not agent).
- Periodic test of electrical installation by N.I.C.I.E.C (or equivalent) registered electrician and issue of certificate. This is valid for 10 years.
- Premises to be weathertight
- Adequate natural ventilation (i.e window sashes must open)
- Adequate Security (Door locks & window fasteners must work)
- Safe ingress/egress (No tripping hazards, handrails to external steps)
- Glazing (Replace broken panes & ensure safety glazing to critical areas eg, doors)
- Mechanical (Plumbing, heating & drainage working)
- Staircases (Adequate handrails, balustrading)
- Floor Coverings (Clean floor covering to each room)
- Hygiene (Property to be clean in particular attention given to sanitaryware & kitchens)
- Internal Doors (To be undamaged & latch mechanism in working order)
- Contents (Disposal of waste left by previous owner/occupier)
- Decoration (Generally a tenant item but from experience particularly with repossession, soiling & graffiti can sometimes be a problem)
Once the property is at the required standard we will advertise using a “To Let” Board, press advertising where necessary and website advertising. We will also contact suitable tenants from our large database and carry out viewings accompanied by a member of staff at all times.
As part of the tenants application process we obtain references (which must be satisfactory) and carry our credit checks. Our experienced housing allocations officer will then decide on a suitable tenant, we will draw up a tenancy agreement and prepare a detailed schedule of condition to ensure that your property is returned to us in good order.
Our policy is to arrange a handover meeting to move the tenant in and sign all of the paperwork. Four weeks into the tenancy we arrange a follow up visit to check that everything is running as smoothly as possible. By continuing with our management services we will monitor the tenancy, collect rent, deal with housing benefit claims and organise all repairs and other matters relating to the tenancy.
Our pledge to landlords:
- Find Quality Tenants for Quality Homes
- Maximise Rents
- Minimise Void Periods
- Maintain Houses to Lettable Standards
- Comply with Legislation
As part of our service we can also offer informed advice on investment opportunities in the area. Our acquisitions team can source property on your behalf and if you register your interest can keep you informed of any exciting investments that come available. Our aim is to make your investment positive and profitable, therefore we only source properties that will be financially beneficial to you as a long term investment.